POST BASIC DIPLOMA IN DIALYSIS NURSING
PB Diploma in Dialysis Nursing offers a practical approach to dialysis training specifically designed to meet the needs of the patients. It includes extensive didactic and experiential training that will enable the student nurse to effectively apply knowledge, experience, analytical skills and expertise to meet the needs of dialysis practice in clinical situation. It includes the functions of the kidney and how dialysis plays a role in people with chronic kidney disease, the nutrition involved in dialysis and the different symptoms patient manifest.
This certificate course is a comprehensive program designed to provide students with the necessary knowledge and expertise for entry level employment in dialysis units. Students will learn the principles of dialysis, operation of dialysis devices, monitoring treatment and other related topics of dialysis and patient care.
The purpose of the course is to train nurses to:
1. Provide quality care to dialysis patients.
2. Manage & Supervise care of dialyzing patients.
3. Teach Nurses, allied health professionals and family members in areas related to dialysis.
4. Conduct research in areas of dialysis.
Registered GNM, B.Sc or PB B.Sc or M. Sc Nurse.
Duration of the course:
Certificates to be produced at the time of admission
- Application Form
- 12th standard equivalent marks card/pass certificate – Original + 3 attested photocopies.
- 10th std marks card/pass certificate for proof of date of birth – Original + 3 attested photocopies.
- GNM / B.Sc (N)/ P.B Bsc (N)/M.Sc (N) Marks cards of all years – Original + 3 attested photocopies.
- Degree / Diploma Certificate issued by the University/ Board – Original + 3 attested photocopies.
- Registration Certificate Issued by the State Nursing Council – Original + 3 attested photocopies – Original + 3 attested photocopies.
- Transfer Certificate from the institution last attended – Original + 3 attested photocopies.
- Conduct certificate from the institution last attended – Original
- Migration certificate from the Board / Univesity last studied
- Eligibility Certificate issued by the Registrar, Nitte University
- Physical Fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner
- Blood group certificate
- Photographs – Passport Size 05, Stamp Size-05
The course commences as per the date prescribed by the University, most likely during the first week of September. The exact date will be communicated by the Institution.