The members of the Alumni Association of Nitte Usha Institute of Nursing Sciences believe that the Alumni Association is a medium for members to meet and communicate with each other and also to keep in touch with the activities of their Alma Mater, thereby contributing to the growth of the institution.
- Member development- Supporting career growth and continuous improvement programs of the members.
- Participate actively in the professional development of the alma mater
- Establish a data base of all its registered members.
- Establishing linkages with academic and extracurricular activities of the institute.
- Instituting special prizes and scholarships to be awarded to the students of the institute, based on criteria determined from time to time.
- Supporting the students of the institute through personal interactions.
- Organising seminars/symposia/workshops for the benefit of members, students and the faculty of the institute.
- Supporting the institute in terms of infrastructural development at the institute.
- Pursuing any other matters as decided by the members from time to time concerning the general welfare of the members and the institute.
By laws of the Alumni association
- The alumni association is an integral part of the Nitte Usha Institute of Nursing Sciences.
- Members of alumni association will include all ex- students from GNM, B.Sc, PBBSc Sc courses graduated from NUINS and PhD are welcomed to join for the alumni association.
- Registration fees will be collected, for conferences, seminars, and other programs organized by the association, apart from the membership fees.
- The organization will comprise an executive committee and general body.
- The executive committee will meet each quarterly and plan for the activity and general body once in a year to plan the functions of the association
Eligibility and Membership:
- All the students completing their Diploma Nursing, BSc, PBBSc , MSc nursing/ and PhD are eligible to be the members of the association.
- The Membership fee of Rs.1000 shall be collected along with the final year tuition fees at the institute of the respective courses. /- will become a life member of alumni association and they will be issued an alumni card with Alumni number.
- For all future correspondence with the college, this number has to be quoted
- An Annual subscription/special program fee may be collected by the association as determined by the General Body from time to time.
The management of the association shall be entrusted to an executive committee, which shall include its members, the president, secretary, joint secretary, treasurer, and editor
The members of the executive committee comprise of
- Ex- officio president – Principal
- Alumni Secretary – Elected alumni member currently working in the college
- Joint secretary - An elected member
- Treasurer - Elected alumni member currently working in the college
- Editor -One elected alumni member currently working in the college and any one elected member
All the executive members will have a term of two year. Every year during the general body meeting held ones in a year the elections will be conducted to nominate the new alumni office bearers.
The duties and responsibilities of the office bearers are as follows-
- The President shall preside over all the annual general meetings and direct the smooth functioning of the Association.
- The Secretary shall be responsible for convening the annual general meeting and the Executive Committee meetings. He shall inform the members about the meeting at least 15 days in advance. The secretary shall record the proceedings of the meeting which shall be circulated among the members within 15 days of the meeting in advance. The secretary shall also be responsible for the maintenance of the records of the association.
- The joint secretary shall assist the Secretary in convening the meetings and shall maintain the address of all the members of the Association.
- The Treasurer shall have the responsibilities of managing the accounts of the association. He shall present the annual accounts in every Annual General Meeting.
- There shall be an Annual General Body Meeting- held at convenient place and at least two meetings of the executive committee held in a year.
- The Secretary in consultation with other office bearers shall organise meetings on a date and place convenient to the members through mail.
- The meeting notice shall be served to the members through mail.
- There shall be quorum of 10 members for a meeting.
- The secretary shall maintain an attendance register and the minutes of the meeting. The minutes of the meeting shall be communicated to all the members.
The alumni association intends to:
- Publish details of the activities like literary and academic meets, programs of the organization through newsletters which will be an outlet for professional and personal achievement of the members.
- Organize annual conference, with a view to enhance networking among members and provide platform for presenting papers and sharing professional and personal talents of the members.
- Organize fund raising program such as conducting cultural programs, exhibition of handcraft, food fests etc.
- Contribute richly towards development of college facilities by providing monetary donation, library materials, teaching aids and other equipment.