MENTAL HEALTH NURSING
The department of Mental Health Nursing aims to impart quality education in the field of Psychiatry to Diploma, Undergraduate and Postgraduate Nursing students in order to provide quality care in the areas of preventive, promotive, curative and rehabilitative aspects of Mental Health nursing.
Mrs. Nalini M.
The students are given clinical exposure in in the psychiatric ward of Justice K.S.Hegde Charitable Hospital and also supplemented with additional field experience by posting them in Rural Psychiatric Centre, Nitte, Karkala and National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro science (NIMHANS) Bangalore.
- Occurrence of depressive symptoms among client with non-communicable diseases in selected Hospital at Mangaluru.
PH D PROJECT
- Relation with level of expressed emotion with relapse of psychiatric symptoms among schizophrenic patients
- A correlation of academic performance with study habits and academic stress among undergraduate students
- Impact of life skill training program on factors influencing academic performance of Nursing Students.
- Dr. Nalini M The interrelationship between urinary cotinine and nicotine dependence among tobacco users in an Indian de-addiction centre. Journal of oral Biology and Craniofacial Research 2019: Vol 9 326-330
- Dr. Nalini M. Effectiveness of Tobacco cessation program on psychological wellbeing of tobacco users in selected de Addiction centre in Mangalore Karnataka India. Journal of Indian Academy of Applied Psychology, Vol. 45, Number 2, ISSN 0019-4247
- Dr. Nalini M Presented a paper on “Inter relationship between urinary cotinine and nicotine dependence levels among tobacco users” at World congress on Nursing and Health care Summit 2019 held in Indian institute of science Bengaluru on 21st to 22nd November 2019.
- Dr. Nalini M is the resource person for the National Workshop on ” Experimental Research Designs -A strategies of research” at Experimental Research Design Rajeev College of Nursing, Hasan, on 27/05/2019