Prehospital and emergency life support
This course is designed to assist students in developing expertise in basic life skills and airway management.
At the end of the course the students will be able to
- Identify the early signs of cardiac arrest in clinical settings.
- Perform the steps of BLS and ACLS safely.
- Develop skills in assessment of airway
- Demonstrate techniques for management of obstructed airway
- Recognize the need for advanced airway management
- Simulate the technique of ET intubation
- Interpret the ECG abnormalities in various clinical scenarios.
- Communicate effectively, sensitively and respectfully with patients and members of health care team
- Demonstrate leadership skills in management of airway emergencies
The course is open to:
Duration: 30 Hours
- B. Sc (N)/ GNM/ M. Sc (N/ P.B. B. Sc (N) students
- Asst. lecturers
- Staff Nurses
Selection: Interested and motivated candidates will be selected