Lactation education programme
This course is designed to enhance the competency of Health professionals for assisting mothers in breast feeding.
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of lactating breast
- Explain the composition of human milk.
- Demonstrate the techniques of breast feeding and interpret the LATCH score.
- Identify the factors that contribute to successful initiation and maintenance of breastfeeding
- Appraise high risk newborn & identify the suitable breast feeding interventions
- Analyze the Challenges of mothers on infant feeding and care of selected high risk newborn infant
- Explain the role of Pharmaco- therapeutics in lactation
All health professional.
Selection: Interested and motivated candidates will be selected