Geriatric Mental Health
This Course is designed for health professionals (Nurses, Psychosocial
workers) to develop and understand ageing process and identify mental
health problems with special emphasis on therapeutic intervention for old
age, family and community.
At the end of the course the students will be able to
- Define old age
- Discuss the various mental health problems of old age
- Perform assessment of mental health status.
- Describe the etiology, clinical manifestations, diagnostic criteria and
management of old age people with mental health problems.
- Explain the nutritional needs for elderly
- Describe various aspects of community mental health services for old
- Provide effective care to the geriatrics in community and health care
- B. Sc (N))/ GNM /P.B.B.Sc.(N) M.Sc.(N) Students,
- Staff Nurses,
- Asst. Lecturers,
- MSW students
: 80hours (50 Hrs of Theory +30Hrs of Practical)
: Interested and motivated candidates will be selected