CERTIFICATE COURSE ON CRITICAL CARE NURSING
This course is designed to assist students in developing expertise and in depth knowledge in the field of critical care skills. It will help students to develop advanced skills for nursing interventions in care of critically ill patients and management of emergencies.
At the end of the course the students will be able to
- Identify and discuss the trends and issues related to critical care nursing.
- Demonstrate advanced skills / competence in managing critically ill patients.
- Demonstrate skills in handling various equipments used for critical care
- Describe various drugs used in critical care
- Provide comprehensive care to critically ill patients.
- Practice infection control measures
- Discuss the legal and ethical issues in critical care nursing.
- Recognize the nutritional needs of critically ill patients and their management.
- Describe various drugs used in critical care and nurse’s responsibility.
- Demonstrate advanced skills / competence in managing critically ill patients including advanced cardiac life support.
The course is open to:
- B.Sc (N)/ GNM/ M. Sc (N/ P.B. B. Sc (N) students
- Staff Nurses
Duration: 175 hours
Selection: Interested and motivated candidates will be selected