Child Health Nursing Department
The Department of Child Health Nursing aims to render quality service by student nurses with knowledge, skill and attitude based on art and scientific knowledge in caring children, family and community in the prevention of diseases, promotion and restoration of health and rehabilitation
NAME OF THE FACULTY
Professor & H.O.D
Mrs. Jeevitha Alva
The college has well equipped Child Health nursing lab where students get hands on experience for various procedures. The students also get hands on experience in the Central Skill lab of Nitte University: NU-MEDISIM on simulated clinical experiences.
The students are given the best clinical exposure at K.S.Hegde Hospital in pediatric specialty areas. Second year P.G. students are sent to specialty hospital like Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital for Children , Mumbai .
ONGOING RESEARCH PROJECTS 2018-2019:
- Ms. Harsha, Thomas, Ms. Sujatha.R &Ms. Samseena , Effectiveness of STP regarding Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative Policy on Knowledge of health care workers and Breast Feeding Practices of mothers admitted in a selected hospital in Mangaluru (funded by Nitte deemed to be University)
- Prof. Sujatha. R , Effectiveness of Palliative Care Cognitive Edification on Nursing Competence and Self Resilience of Nurses: it’s Impact on patient satisfaction in a selected hospital at Mangaluru.
COMPLETED RESEARCH PROJECTS 2017-2018
- Mrs. Sujatha.R , Relation between perceived stress and resilience among nurses working in a selected hospital at Mangaluru(funded by Nitte deemed to be University)
- Mrs. Harsha Thomas, Effectiveness of Fenugreek seed pack on dandruff among adolescent’s girls in a selected college. (funded by Nitte deemed to be University)
Prof .Sujatha.R., Effect of pre and post operative instruction module on anxiety in mothers of children undergoing gastro intestinal surgeries (funded by Nitte deemed to be University)
- Mrs. Sujatha.R, Effectiveness of cognitive edification programme on knowledge and practice of early ambulation among nursing students (funded by Nitte deemed to be University)
- Mrs. Sujatha R , Effectiveness of Snake & Ladder Game on Knowledge and Attitude regarding Personal Hygiene among School Children in Selected Rural Schools at Mangalore , THE NURSING JOURNAL OF INDIA, March 2018 , 81-85
- Sujatha R, Effectiveness of child to child approach on practice of hand washing among school children in a selected school at mangalore, Nitte University Journal of Health Science., 8, 1, 15-21
- Mrs. Sujatha R , Nurses perceptions of End of Life Care after an In-service educational intervention ,IAPCONKochi 2019 Abstracts. Indian J Palliat Care [cited 2019 Oct 22];25:260-357.
Available from: http://www.jpalliativecare.com/text.asp?2019/25/2/260/256277
- Mrs.Jeevitha NSPECC: An inter-professional collaboration for improved health outcomes (Poster), ICN & INC International Conference, 29-11-18 to 01-12-2018
- Mrs. Sujatha R , Nurses perceptions of End of Life Care after an In-service educational intervention, International IAP Conference, 08-02-19 to 10-02-19
- Mrs. Harsha Thomas, Preventive paediatrics: Nursing perspectives, Conference Yenepoya nursing college 09-02-19
- Prof.Sujatha R, Adolescence health & adolescent friendly health services National Conference 26-04-19
- Prof.Sujatha R, Effect of pre and post operative instruction module on anxiety in mothers of children undergoing GI surgeries, 20//07/19
- Mrs. Harsha Thomas Effectiveness of Fenugreek seed pack on dandruff among adolescent’s girls in a selected college International Conference8-11-19 to 9-11-19
Prof. Sujatha. R , completed International Fellowship in palliative care conducted by Institute of Palliative Medicine, StChristopher’s, and Sanjeevan in Aug 2019
CNE on Neonatal Resuscitation Protocol: 15-02-18
State level Workshop conducted on “ASSESSMENT, RESUSCITATION & STABILIZATION OF CHILDREN” on 18 February 2019.
UNDER FIVE ASSESSMENT : 21-03-2018